Monday, December 3

Outlet Heaven


This past weekend we went to the wedding of a coworker of Jason's in Austin. Kate did great on the drive down, before the wedding and during the ceremony. After that, we could not get her to stop crying. And I am talking screaming bloody murder crying! People would come up to us and say "Oh what a cute baby" but you know they were thinking "I am so glad that's not my child". Oh well. She slept well that night in the hotel which is what I was worried about. She was so funny; before she can fall asleep, she has to have the top of her head touching something. I think it makes her feel more secure, like she's not floating in midair or something. Anyway, I put the cushions off the couch in the hotel room on the floor next to my bed. At the head of the makeshift bed was the night stand with an opening in it to put books and stuff. I put Kate down and left her for a few minutes. When I checked on her, she had scooted her way up, trying to find something for her head to touch. She was almost off the cushions and into the night stand! It was so funny. The day after the wedding on our way back to Houston, we stopped at some awesome outlets in San Marcos. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, but these outlets were amazing! There were some I never even knew existed, like a Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma store, Aldo, Kate Spade, Gucci, Giorgio Armani, and I could go on and on. I can't wait to go back! But the bank account would probably say differently; it's such a kill joy.

No comments: