Wednesday, August 19

San Antonio and Wicked!




Bev was kind enough to come to Houston in June to watch Kate while Jason and I went to San Antonio to see Wicked. It was so nice to spend some time sans toddler! Quiet dinners, calm shopping trips and sleeping in! Well actually, I never was able to sleep past 8 AM, but oh well. We stayed in a cute hotel right by the Alamo and ate on the River Walk every day. I really love the River Walk. It's so pretty and the perfect place to people watch. And Wicked was so good! I loved the music and thought the adaptation of the book was done quite well. The only pictures I got were of some caverns we visited, but they were really neat. It was a different experience from Mt. Timpanogos. I remember being really cold there but the ones in San Antonio were hot and humid! The camera died when we went on a "safari" so I didn't get a picture of the ostrich that came right up to the car. Maybe next time. Thanks Bev for an awesome trip! And I know Kate had fun with you.

1 comment:

Bev and Roger said...

I'm so glad you and Jason could have this time together. I'm not naturally inclined to grandmotherhood. Its certainly wasn't a burden to be with Kate for those few days. Kate and I had a great time. However, I'm just glad you and all the other moms in the family are the full-time mommas. Let's make this trip an annual tradition. I'll plan right now for next year!