Friday, April 1

Christmas 2010






Even though she didn't get to dress up in a costume, Kate was also very excited for Christmas. She loved decorating the tree, seeing all the lights on the houses, hanging up her stocking (and taking it down again) and drinking hot chocolate by the fire. Since we stayed in Houston for Christmas in 2009, we made the trek to Utah this time. It is so much easier to fly with Kate now that she will watch movies! Between the portable dvd player, Jason's itouch and ipad, and my iphone, she had plenty of media to keep her entertained. Kate must have been super good last year because Santa followed her everywhere! We had our family Christmas the morning we left, and then we stayed with Jason's sweet oma (grandma in German) for a week. Christmas Eve we went to my cousins house and I got to see my 92 year old grandma. She is still as spunky as ever! Christmas Day we opened presents at grandma and grandpa Richardson's house and that night went to Matt and Alicia's place to make dinner and open more presents. The day after Christmas we had dinner at my dad's and Kate built a snowman with grandpa (mostly a big blob of snow that she stuck a bunch of sticks into) and opened more presents. One day my dad and Bev were kind enough to take Kate for the whole day so I could go shopping with my sisters. They went to the aquarium and Kate had a blast. We also went to the BYU Carl Bloch exhibit with Jason's family while we were there and went to temple square to see the lights. It was such a fun trip and so good to see everyone!

No comments: