Monday, May 12

Happy Mother's Day!



The day started out great because Kate slept until almost 9:00!! And I woke up to a waffle breakfast, so that made things even better. And yes, that is a picture of a vacuum, which was my mother's day present. No, my husband is not a chauvinist pig, he gave me exactly what I asked for. I have been wanting the Bissell pet hair eraser for awhile but couldn't really justify the cost (since the old vacuum works just fine) so getting it as a gift seemed like a good solution. After church, I watched Masterpiece Theater's Jane Erye while Kate slept and then we had pasta for dinner, so the whole day was just perfect. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and future mothers!

7 comments:

John-David and Kathryn said...

I think that is an awesome gift. A good vaccum would make anyone happy.

Stephers said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful day! I also have been wanting a vacuum, but since we just got the new house it is down on the list of wants. Kate is getting so big and more beautiful every day! You look great and I can tell she is the highlight of your life!

Addy said...

A pet hair vacuum sounds like a great idea!! We have a total pet-hair invasion and I don't think our cheap-o vacuum is doing much good. You two look so cute in that pic! Congrats on your first mothers' day!

Nicole said...

Addy-
The vacuum is THE BEST! I can't believe how much better of a job it does than the old one. You should totally look into getting one. If I remember correctly, your condo has lots of hardwood floors, right? Well, I even use it on our tile and it works great! (I promise I don't work for Bissell)

Lors said...

I love how you and kate match, what a cute mother's day photo. Sorry I am kind of late posting, but I am glad you had a great Mothers Day!

Bev and Roger said...

You and Kate look so cute. Are you in matching outfits? How did you manage that? Waffles on Mother's day....lucky you! It sounded like a perfect day. I'm glad. At first I raised an eyebrow about the vacuum, but when you explain the situation, I felt much better. I'm looking at vacumms myself. I was considering a Dyson....what things about the Bissell do you like? Kate is getting cuter and cuter with every picture. I can't wait to see her in 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

Bev-
Actually I didn't mean for the outfits to match. Kate is in black and I am in navy blue but I guess they look the same in the picture!
I think Dyson's are supposed to be awesome, but they were out of our price range. I like all the attachments for the Bissell (they are aimed at picking up pet hair) and it has lots of different settings for the floor type you are cleaning (bare floor, high carpet, etc). Can't wait to see you guys!!