Wednesday, September 24

On a lighter note...






My baby turned 1! I have always heard people talk about how quickly their kids grow up, but I guess it never really registered with me until now. Jason's family came to Houston for the occasion. I invited a few kids from the neighborhood and ward to a little party and I bought a ball pit and we blew bubbles and had a jar full of puffs that the grownups had to guess the number of. And of course I made Kate her own cake that she could dig into. She was pretty dainty with it at first but really dug into it after awhile. Her are some things about Kate at one year old:

She loves to read books. She also loves to pull all her books off the bookself and hand them to me to read. I read about a page before she pulls another one off to hand to me.

She loves the water. Sometimes if I get really desperate for something to do with her I put her in the tub even if she has already had a bath.

She isn't walking yet but she can stand by herself for several seconds.

She loves to try and get to the dog's water bowl to splash around in it before I figure out what she is doing.

She is a picky eater but she usually likes toast with cheese and peas.

She loves animals. We are pretty sure her first word will be "George" (that's our dog, not the President).

Love you Kate! Happy first birthday!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday cute girl!

Stephers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL! WOW, one already. It just seems like yesterday we found out you were pregnant. Time sure does fly. She looks darling, and that cake is awesome! Drew didn't walk until he was 14 months.. she will get it before you know it :) Glad to see the update!

Alisa Frei said...

How fun!!! I loved the cake and tiny ball pit (that's what it looked like). I can't believe how fast time flies. Hope you got lots of pictures.

Bev and Roger said...

Yes, they do grow up fast. Before you know it, Kate will be asking for the car keys and staying out past curfew. The joy of parenting is to watch your children discover the world as you once did.
Love, Dad and Bev

Kasey said...

I cannot believe she is one! Time flies, doesn't it?
Happy Birthday Kate!