Wednesday, January 28

Anybody want a peanut?



My dad and Bev kindly shipped us a bookcase they had been keeping in storage until we had room for it. Well good ole UPS wanted to make sure nothing happened to that bookcase so they filled the box with what must be millions of Styrofoam peanuts. Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do with all of them? I don't have the heart to just throw them away.

*UPDATE: The peanuts are gone! I put them on craig's list and offered them for free to anyone who wanted them as long as they picked them up. Well, someone came yesterday and took every last peanut. He even took a big bunch of bubble wrap! Woo hoo!

7 comments:

jennie said...

I don't think I've ever seen that many peanuts! Good luck with that! I have no suggestions. Well, maybe fake snow since you don't get the real stuff down there? Put some glue in it & make a snowman. Then you'll have to give Kate a few baths to get all the glue off of her, but oh well. Hey - warm snow!!! I'd kill for warm snow. Ugh.

Stephers said...

Holy Crap! That is a TON of peanuts. Hope the book case made it ok... silly UPS! I guess you could always make a bean bag?? With peanuts??
Super cute pics of Kate.

Alisa Frei said...

It looks to me that you found a great use for the peanuts!!! A peanut room for kids to play in. I bet after a week you'll have the heart to throw every single peanut in the trash!!! :-)

Addy said...

Wow. I hate those things because they get all static cling-y. I like the snowman idea.

Hollie Wood said...

Ho-lee cow!! Yeah, good luck with all those! You could play hide and seek!

Bev and Roger said...

We had no idea UPS would pack the bookcase with peanuts! I envisioned shrink and bubble wrap with a wooden frame. That's what the advertisement brochure looked like at the UPS office. The comment about warm snow was great. Nevertheless, I'm sorry we created a big mess. Hey, did you receive the "My Little Pony" box? Hopefully that didn't come with peanuts.

Angela said...

oh my gosh, I HATE that stuff. even my kids know that when a package comes with that stuff they need to tread carefully. it is impossible to clean up!