Wednesday, January 7

Christmas in Utah

We went to Utah for Christmas and it was so fun! I was dreading the flight after the fiasco flying to Utah in August by myself with Kate, but it was so much easier this time with Jason there! We spent Christmas Eve at family parties and then on Christmas day we opened presents at Jason's parents in the morning and at my dad's that night. The rest of the trip was spent shopping with my sisters, going out to eat, seeing a movie (Marley and Me. It was cute but it made a better book than movie I think), playing with my new Wii Fit, and relaxing by the fire. I was also able to squeeze in a lunch with some friends from high school, a Christmas party with more high school friends (see earlier post) and a dinner with some college roommates. On New Years Eve we got all dressed up and went to dinner with my family at a place called Asian Star. Then we played Settlers of Katan and toasted in the new year with sparkling cider. It didn't snow much while we were there, except for a pretty big storm on Christmas day. Kate didn't think much of the snow. My dad even bought a sled to pull her around on. She lasted about 10 seconds before she started crying. Maybe he can try again next year! As always, it was great to be there.

3 comments:

Stephers said...

It is so good to see pictures of your family. They all look like they are doing so well! Glad you had such a good time. We really missed seeing you guys. Mike was super excited to see Jason this year.... maybe the next time you come :)

Alisa Frei said...

Thanks for the pictures. How fun for you all to be together for Christmas! Nicole, I LOVE your hair that length/style!!!

Bev and Roger said...

You captured some great moments of 2008's Christmas. It was a fun time for all. You got some great pics of Kate's doting aunts and uncle.