Thursday, March 26

Firsts





Lots of firsts these last few weeks. We went to the Houston zoo for the first time since I have been here. It gets so hot and humid that my motivation to go has definately been lacking in the past. But now that Kate is older, I wanted to go before it got too hot. It is a really nice zoo. We checked out the petting zoo, a bat cave and of course the lions, tigers, and bears. The temperature was just right and the company was great. The kids were all exhausted and fell asleep almost as soon as we got in the car.

Nursery is another first. Kate has actually gone 3 times now. The first two were somewhat rough, but this past Sunday the leaders told me she didn't cry at all. Go Kate! I love our nursery. They do so much more with the kids than I ever did when I was a nursery worker!

Another first is a babysitting ring we started with 3 other families in the ward. Jason and I were the first to watch all the kiddos and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Kate has been babysat by 2 other couples so far and after cry for a few minutes when we first leave, she does pretty well. It is so nice to have date nights again!

This isn't really a first, but I wanted to include Kate's stats from her 18 month checkup:
Height is 34 inches (95th percentile)
Weight is 23lbs 3oz (40th percentile)
Head is 18 1/2 inches (60th percentile)

3 comments:

Stephers said...

She is just so stinkin cute. I love that she is still so little and just girly :) Looks like lots of fun things you have going on. Any trips to SLC during the summer??

Bev and Roger said...

Kate isn't a baby anymore. She's grown so much. Nursery is a great milestone. I remember staying in nursery a few times just to get out of going to relief society (naughty me). Hooray for babysitting co-ops. What did you and Jason get to do for the evening? Go Kate for the 90 percentile in height!

Angela said...

She is so cute! I'm glad you're doing a babysitting co-op, we love ours! We actually get to go on dates!