Wednesday, March 4

Girls Night In


My WONDERFUL hubby had to go to Utah for work for a couple of days. He shocked me by asking if I wanted him to take Kate with him. My answer was, of course, a resounding YES! Kate, I love you kid, but mamma needed a break! I was amazed how much I was able to get done without a little one following me around tugging on my pants so I would pay attention to her. Here is everything I did Tuesday:
Made strawberry jam
Cleaned the kitchen
Paid bills
Swept and mopped
Vacuumed
Took a bunch of stuff to Good Will
Got my hair colored and cut
Went to the grocery store
Made treats for girls night at my house
Watched a movie (Penelope-so cute!) with friends
Whew! What a day! Thanks so much Jason for taking Kate with you. I had a great time but I will be happy to see you both soon!

9 comments:

Stephers said...

WOW... I am wishing for one of those days. What a sweetie to offer to take her with him. So glad you were able to enjoy the time alone. Looks like you had a fun girls night, they all look like so much fun :)

Janelle said...

Wow! That was so nice of him! I bet his parents are stoked too. Try and fit some shopping in there too :)

Amber said...

I can't believe how much stuff you got done that day! It's hard to remember what it was like to have days that productive :) Thanks so much for the fun girl's night.

Alyson said...

That sounds soooo nice! I am jealous. You deserve it, we all need some time to ourselves. I bet Kate is missing you.

Hollie Wood said...

How great is that!! I'm glad you got some time to yourself and with some friends. Husbands rock!! :)

John-David and Kathryn said...

How fun is that. I love Girls Night outs. It's amazing what you can get done without "little helpers" around but I bet you miss her tons.

Addy said...

I love strawberry jam! That sounds like a fantastic day. I am sure Kate thought it was special to spend that much time with Daddy, too.

Bev and Roger said...

I can't believe how productive you were. That lists really puts being a mommie in perspective. It looks like you had a great time with the girls....could be a great tradition. You can always ask Jason to take Kate to a motel when you need a break. She would love the pool. Jason is such a hands-on dad taking Kate on an airplane. Go Jason! You're the man!!!

I'm glad you got a break....now, when are you guys planning your next break t-o-g-e-t-h-e-r, just the two of you? (Jason and you, that is)

Asherbie said...

Loved the ladies night... yaay for being able to pay attention to a movie!! Thanks again, Nicole. Next time we'll do it at my house but you can cook. ;) jk You're the best!